Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Sixth Habitat build coming along

Moose Jaw firefighters among volunteers to help build Mandy Eirich’s new home 
Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald
Mandy Eirich, who will move into
Habitat for Humanity’s sixth home, and Moose
Jaw firefighters stand in the home on Tuesday.

By Lisa Goudy


Taking a break from checking out progress on her new home, Mandy Eirich said she still finds everything surreal.


“It’s not real yet. I think once I move in, it’ll be,” she said at the location of her new home, which is Habitat for Humanity’s sixth build in Moose Jaw. “I love building. I love power tools. I’m learning so much on how to build my own house and it’s not even about building a house. It’s building it with absolute love. Everyone puts all their love into it and that’s the best feeling.”

Eirich is a single mother whose nephew has lived with her full-time for the past three years.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment