Saturday, May 14, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Sask. Dragoons unit sees change of command


Maj. Gillian Dule, born in Moose Jaw, assumes command of the unit    
Col. Geoff Abthorpe, command of 38 Canadian
Brigade Group, inspects the parade at the
Saskatchewan Dragoons change
of command ceremony at the Lt. Col.
D.V. Currie Armoury on May 14, 2016.
Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald
By Lisa Goudy
Maj. Gillian Dulle first joined the Saskatchewan Dragoons after visiting their booth at a career fair.
“I needed a job and there was a career fair and it looked like the right job at the right time,” she said. “To me it was during when I was in high school and working one to two times a week and two weekends a month and making the same as what someone works pumping gas at the gas station every day. It really appealed to me and I got in and I would say that I found my niche. Once I got in, I knew that this is somewhere I was supposed to be.”
She began her military career with the Saskatchewan Dragoons as a reconnaissance crewman private in 2003. She commissioned as an armoured reconnaissance officer in May 2006 and was promoted to captain in 2010.
On Saturday, outgoing commanding officer (CO) Maj. Chris Hunter relinquished command of the Saskatchewan Dragoons unit to Dulle during a change of command ceremony at the Lt. Col. D.V. Currie Armoury. Her term as the 19th CO of the unit is for three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment