Sunday, May 15, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: From Moose Jaw to Broadway

Kara Tremel of Moose Jaw made
her Broadway debut last week in
'Jersey 'Boys' in New York City.
Submitted photo
Moose Jaw’s Kara Tremel makes Broadway debut in New York City 

By Lisa Goudy

Moose Jaw’s Kara Tremel has always dreamed of performing on Broadway.
Last week, she made her Broadway debut in the production of ‘Jersey Boys’ at the August Wilson Theater in New York City.
“I’m still pinching myself ... It was a magical, magical night,” said Tremel, who lives in New York. “I can’t put it into words because I mean all my life, this is what I’ve been working for.”    
‘Jersey Boys’ is a behind-the-scenes musical about Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Tremel’s contract with the Broadway show runs until Jan. 15, 2017. Shows are performed six days a week. In the Broadway show, Tremel is playing Frankie Valli’s first wife, Mary Delgado. The show features three women who play a main character and 15 other characters.
“In total, the three women play about 57 different characters. It’s crazy. We have a lot of costume changes and wig changes, backstage choreography and so I basically play Mary and then I play all the other tiny characters as well,” said Tremel. “It’s a lot of work. It’s a lot of fun. There’s never a dull moment.”
Her opening night Broadway debut was made even more special by the presence of her mother, Margaret Neff, who came in from Calgary.

No comments:

Post a Comment