Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Blues Hall of Fame inductee plays Moose Jaw Feb. 24


Australian Grammy elected musician Michael Charles returns to city for the second time
Submitted photo
Blues artist Michael Charles played a
show at Bobby’s Place on Feb. 24, 2017.

By Lisa Goudy


Music is something that runs in Michael Charles’ family.

“My dad was a guitar player, so there was always his guitar around the house. I’d always go into the living room and pick up his guitar he’d have sitting in the corner making things up because I started playing when I was five or six years old,” said Charles.

“I think that’s where the songwriting started. As I got older and started understanding what it’s really all about, I already had that instinct of just creating and making things up. So I guess I’ve been writing songs even before I remember writing songs. The best way I can describe it is you try to remember your first steps when you started walking. That’s how I am with my guitar playing. I don’t remember really starting because I’ve been doing it my whole life.”

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment