Sunday, April 17, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Speaking to the promise of the future

Briercrest College and Seminary valedictorian shares about his time at the school 
Briercrest College and Seminary college
valedictorian Jason Wendel speaks at
the 2016 Commencement in the Hildebrand
Chapel on April 16, 2016. He spoke about
how Briercrest is a training ground,
preparing students for the future.
Photo by Chris Milani

By Lisa Goudy


When Jason Wendel first started attending Briercrest College and Seminary, his focus was on playing volleyball.

Now four years later, having graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies with a 3.99 GPA, his outlook has shifted from his time spent at the school in Caronport.
“I was thinking, ‘I’m going to play volleyball here. That’s my main focus.’ I wanted to play with my brother. He was on the team at the time. So I came in and was focused on that and it was really sweet. I spent three years on the Briercrest volleyball team and that was excellent,” said Wendel, “but the biggest thing for me was the school, to be honest. I fell in love with studying and learning about liberal art. I got into literature and reading.
“I came out the other end with this huge appreciation for what the Bible is and just the study and the love for that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment