Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Political rumour laid to rest

Mayor Higgins won’t vie for Sask. NDP leadership 
Mayor Deb Higgins, who served as an MLA
for 12 years with the Saskatchewan NDP,
said she isn't interested in vying for
the leadership position following the
decision of Cam Broten to step down
as party leader this week.
Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald

By Lisa Goudy


Following the resignation of former NDP leader Cam Broten, Moose Jaw Mayor Deb Higgins isn’t considering vying for party leadership.

“I’m very happy being mayor. It’s wonderful to be able to work in the community and work with our community. Moose Jaw, we’ve got a lot of things on the go,” she said. “(NDP leadership) is not something I would consider at all … It’s not in the cards for me whatsoever.
“I’ve been outside of the party for the last little while and they need someone that’s planning on being there for a number of years to actually work through the rebuilding. I’m sure there are people that are interested, but I’m not one of them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment