Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: A colouring journey into Great Village

Moose Jaw-based artist Andrew Meredith to release colouring book
Artist Andrew Meredith, who lives in Moose
Jaw but grew up in Great Village, N.S., stands
with his colouring book, ‘Welcome to Great
Village,’ in front of some of his artwork
upstairs above Common Café.
Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald

By Lisa Goudy

After working as an artist for a decade, Andrew Meredith feels he’s reached a new pinnacle of achievement.
He has designed a colouring book called, ‘Welcome to Great Village,’ referencing the name of the place in Nova Scotia where the 32-year-old Moose Jaw-based artist is from. He has lived in Moose Jaw for 14 years.
“I feel like this is a great cap off to what can happen in 10 years in someone’s career,” said Meredith. “It’s been a long journey. I’ve made some mistakes. I’ve learned a lot of things. I’ve taught a lot of things. I’ve been inspired by many things. I feel like those 10 years have made me develop into the artist I am today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment