Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Peacock welding program receives $50,000

Peacock Collegiate one of 10 schools in Canada to receive donation from CWA Foundation
Martin Holzer (left), welding instructor at Peacock
 Collegiate, and some of his students listen as the
CWA Foundation announces its $50,000-donation
to the school's welding program on Oct. 27, 2015.
Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald
    

By Lisa Goudy

Peacock Collegiate welding teacher Martin Holzer was moved almost beyond words after learning about a $50,000 donation to the welding program.

"It's a relief because of the budget cuts that everybody's going through across the province," he said.

"This is a big help. I told (Principal Dustin Swanson) last year I kept count of my budgets and I can tell you to the penny what I've got every day. I went to him last year in November and I said, 'On my projections, we'll run out of money by Easter.'"

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment