Friday, October 16, 2015

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Kudos to Jennifer Lawrence for speaking out

By Lisa Goudy

There's nothing like a celebrity speaking about an issue to skyrocket that issue to the forefront of many people's minds.

Such was the case this week when actor Jennifer Lawrence published an essay on lennyletter.com - a lifestyle newsletter launched by Lena Dunham with a feminist focus - about Hollywood's gender wage gap.

Titled "Why Do I Make Less Than My Male Co-Stars?" Lawrence's point wasn't about the money; she even stated that, "I didn't want to keep fighting over millions of dollars that, frankly, due to two franchises, I don't need. (I told you it wasn't relatable, don't hate me)."

Read more

1 comment:

  1. The gender pay gap is terrible. I'm glad that Jennifer Lawrence brought this up! Excellent column!!

    ReplyDelete