Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: ‘Starting a family of 10’

Couple builds care home from ground up; opening planned for fall
Lauren Kleckner and Victor Salzsauler stand
outside the front entrance of their care home,
Memories on Brigham Road, on July 22, 2015.
Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald

By Lisa Goudy

Lauren Kleckner and Victor Salzsauler didn’t plan on building a care home in Moose Jaw.

“Originally when I bought these two vacant lots, I was thinking about building a duplex. I was all excited and I phoned my friend in Saskatoon and said, ‘I’m going to build a duplex’ and he said, ‘Hmm. What are you doing that for? Why don’t you build a care home like you did in Saskatoon?” said Salzsauler.

“Then I couldn’t get the idea out of my head … A week later, I was drafting.”

Now their care home, Memories on Brigham Road, is set to open in early fall. It is located at 27 Brigham Rd. in the Westheath subdivision.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment