Monday, March 21, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: It's everyone's responsibility to vote

By Lisa Goudy

With an election only a few weeks away, I can't imagine not voting in it.

It's one of my rights. I will be casting a ballot in the April 4 provincial election. I will, as everyone should, make sure I'm informed of all of the candidates, the party platforms and any other relevant election information before I mark down my 'X.' I feel it's imperative that I vote in this election, just as it's imperative that everyone else who is eligible should vote as well. It's a basic democratic right.

Yet if this was an election in 1915, I wouldn't be able to vote because I am a woman.

Last Monday, the 100th anniversary of when some women officially got the right to vote in Saskatchewan through royal assent was marked.

Read more

1 comment: