Sunday, March 13, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Capturing beauty of Sask. skies and flowers

Local artist Charlene Douglas has art display at Mosaic Gallery
Local artist Charlene Douglas stands by one
of her favourite paintings, Bouquet of Roses,
at the Mosaic Gallery at the Moose Jaw
Cultural Centre on March 12, 2016.
Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald

By Lisa Goudy

Charlene Douglas has a passion for flowers.

"Flowers are beautiful. My backyard from one end to the other is one flowerpot after another, just basically all in a row lined up. You can sit up there and see each one of these back there," she said. "I just thought, 'I've got to try this.'"

She went inside to her art studio and started painting roses in a painting that was to be called Bouquet of Roses. Following that, she painted two more flower paintings.
"Then I thought, 'I'm on a roll.' One came after another and I'd tell everybody that they paint themselves. They just do. I hold the brush," said Douglas.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment