Monday, August 27, 2012

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Walking for a good cause around Wakamow Valley


By Lisa Goudy

Alisha Torkelson is organizing a first-ever Stroll for Liver event in Saskatchewan.

“It’s just something I thought of doing. I lost my mom four years ago to a rare liver disease so I guess I just kind of wanted more knowledge on it … I’m trying to make some good out of (my mother’s death),” said 25-year-old Torkelson. “I just want people to be aware of liver disease and more or less just have knowledge on it. It’s not so much about the donations.”

The event takes place in Moose Jaw at the Kinsmen Wellesley Park in Wakamow Valley on Saturday at 10 a.m. No pre-registration is required and everyone is welcome. A barbecue will follow the walk around the valley along with some prizes.

All funds raised will go towards the Canadian Liver Foundation and their research for cures and prevention of liver disease. 

For more information, see the Aug. 24th edition of the Times-Herald or read how the event went here.

No comments:

Post a Comment