Monday, August 20, 2012

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Moose Jaw Flying Club looks at promoting aviation's role

Gerry Julian stands in front of his Vans RV-6A airplane
at the Moose Jaw Flying Club's annual fly-in/drive-in breakfast
at the Moose Jaw Municipal Airport on Saturday. The
high-performance plane was built in Houston, Texas
and has a top speed of 200 miles per hour.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy

By Lisa Goudy

Gerry Julian has been flying planes since 1987. He is the proud owner of his fifth airplane, a Vans RV-6A airplane, which is a kit-built sport plane built in Houston, Texas, that can go up to 200 miles per hour.

“This airplane is so much more challenging and fun to fly than anything I’ve had in the past,” said Julian. “In the past 25 years I’ve been flying I’ve never enjoyed flying as much as I have since I got this plane.”

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment