Sunday, August 19, 2012

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Second annual Wakamow Jamboree a huge hit

Samara Yung performs a song at the K+S  Potash
Canada Wakamow Jamboree on Saturday.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy


Samara Yung enjoys performing more than songwriting.

“It’s really hard to come up with a new twist of an old idea because that’s really what you’re doing with songwriting,” said recording artist Yung from Yorkton. “Songwriting is a challenge for me. I very much enjoy it. I work with amazing songwriters and there’s nothing better than sitting down with friends and coming up with a song.”

Read more

Wakamow Valley website

K+S Potash Canada Wakamow Jamboree website

Samara Yung website

More of my photos from the jamboree on a Times-Herald slideshow can be found here.

Additional Comments from Samara Yung

“I do a lot of upbeat songs. I don’t sing a lot of ballads not because I don’t like them or appreciate them, just because I tend to shy away from that. We sing a lot of festivals and cabaret-style things,” said Yung.

She said gauging people's reactions after a show is the best part of her music career.

“It’s really, really great to get off stage and see people lined up to buy your albums. That’s so, so cool for me. It was a dream I always had when I was a little girl to have my own CD so when I get off stage and have people lining up and wanting autographs and going on Facebook or social media networks after that and people telling you how much they loved your show, how much they enjoyed your original music, it’s definitely rewarding in that aspect," said Yung.

No comments:

Post a Comment