Monday, August 27, 2012

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Don't totally turn the page away from physical books

By Lisa Goudy

I’m a book lover. I’ve loved to read books since I was very young. I read a variety of genres and have read non-fiction and fiction. In my spare time you’ll most likely find me reading a fiction novel that is either fantasy, science fiction or perhaps a gripping mystery. While occasionally I’ll read a book I don’t enjoy, for the most part I absolutely love every book I read.

Personally, apart from loving the books, I also love the feel of having a book in my hands as I sit outside if weather permits or on a couch or every now and then in bed. I don’t know what it is about holding a book and flipping through its pages that makes it so novel to me. Besides, I have a bookshelf filled with books. In fact, it’s so full that I’m out of space, but that doesn’t stop me from buying more books.


So you can imagine my first reaction to eReaders such as Kobos, Kindles or iPads and I know there are many more out there. As such, it would also come as no surprise that I have never actually tried any of those eReaders to read books, but I know a lot of people who do have them. I just haven’t decided if I want to give it a try or not.


Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment