Saturday, March 8, 2014

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Quilting retreat draws people from all over

Linda Whyte works on a posh poppy at the Creative
Divas retreat, put on by Quilter's Haven, at Wood
Acres on March 8, 2014. Whyte came to the retreat
from Calgary with her sister, who lives in Moose Jaw.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy

Diana Best is coming out of retirement of sewing.

“When I first retired, I didn’t want anything to do with quilting. I just needed that break, but now it’s been a few years and I’m finding I just love to design and I love to create,” she said. “It’s part of who I am. So it’s not something you can retire from because it’s just a part of your personality.”

Best was one of the instructors at the third annual Creative Diva’s retreat, put on by Quilter’s Haven this weekend at Wood Acres. It began on Friday and concludes on Sunday.  The event had several different classes, including quilting, twilling, rug hooking, posh poppies, a bag class and felting. Approximately 40 people attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment