Thursday, March 27, 2014

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: eL jewelry: From a hobby to a full-time business

elizabeth Lyn jewelry sold by retailers after taking off last summer
Megan Hammond, 31, is the owner and designer of
elizabeth Lyn (eL) jewelry, a business that started as
a hobby and is now sold by 15 retailers in three
provinces. Born and raised in Moose Jaw, she
is taking her business full-time next month.
Submitted photo

By Lisa Goudy


Megan Hammond never imagined her hobby would expand to her jewelry being sold by retailers in three provinces.

“I still get really surprised when I see people I don’t know wearing my stuff. It’s pretty amazing, but it’s all happened pretty quickly,” she said. “At the same time I’m trying to be conscious of it growing at a steady pace instead of getting in over my head.”

Born and raised in Moose Jaw, the 31-year-old owner and designer of elizabeth Lyn (eL) jewelry started playing around with it when she owned a retail store in Saskatoon. She’s been in Saskatoon for 10 years.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment