Friday, March 7, 2014

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Seeing the world through a different lens

By Lisa Goudy

There are many ways to look at the world.

We can use our eyes to see. We can use our ears to hear. We can use our nose to smell. We can use our hands to touch. We can use our tongue to taste.

But in addition to engaging our senses, there is one other way to look at the world. We can use our eyes to see through a lens of a camera. And, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I’ve always loved taking pictures. Because I take a lot of pictures with a manual Nikon camera and my point-and-shoot, it is fortunate I was born in the age of digital cameras.

I never had the chance to use a camera where you couldn’t preview what your photo looked like before deciding to print it. To be fair, I don’t print nearly all of the pictures I take. But I do believe there is still value in printing pictures, despite the digital rage. I also believe that smartphones, no matter how good of pictures they take, shouldn’t be a replacement for digital or manual cameras.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment