Friday, July 12, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Appreciate and enjoy our parks in and around the city


By Lisa Goudy

I was at Buffalo Pound Provincial Park for the first time this week.

I was impressed with the greenery, the lake, the pool and the beach. It was such a hot day, I’m sure if I hadn’t been covering something for work I would’ve jumped in the lake for a swim.

It’s definitely something we shouldn’t take for granted, just like Wakamow Valley and all of the other many parks in and nearby our city.

I’ve lived in Saskatchewan all my life and even while living in Regina, Buffalo Pound Provincial Park isn’t that far away.

Yet I’d never been to it before and there is one simple reason for it. I had a different park and lake I used to go to regularly and still do visit at least once a year.

Up until a couple of years ago, my grandparents owned a prestigious lakefront cabin at Lac Pelletier, which is approximately 30 kilometres south of Swift Current. 

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment