Thursday, January 12, 2017

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Preventing suicide on social media


“Live.me” app needs user moderation to prevent tragedy, says volunteer

Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald

Norm Price live streams a
video in the Times-Herald office.

By Lisa Goudy


Norm Price says he spends an average of 18 to 20 hours per day using the “Live.me” app on his cellphone to help kids.


The free app allows users to broadcast live videos and watch other users’ live streaming videos. Price uses it to help find and report cyberbullying to police around the world.


It’s a mission that Price (who lives in Aneroid, Sask., 75 kilometres southwest of Gravelbourg) got started after he heard of a disturbing video of Katelyn Davis, 12, who allegedly live-streamed her suicide on the application on Dec. 30, 2016. 

2 comments:

  1. I could used a new phone and support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the guy in this story Norm. I could use some sponsors for help 807-934-0552

    ReplyDelete