Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Keep fitness goals attainable


Trainers say­ it’s all about finding a balance in your lifestyle
Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald
Angela Scidmore-Mack, Yara Centre’s personal
trainer, works out in the exercise room at the centre.

By Lisa Goudy

When Angela Scidmore-Mack first walked into Yara Centre a few years ago, she weighed 304 pounds.

“I walked in here, scared, scared, scared,” she said. “I took classes. I made friends. I became friends with the staff and once you have that base, you are kind of just like, ‘Oh, I feel comfortable coming here. It’s not intimidating. It’s not scary.’ If I had any questions, I came to the front desk … It’s about creating that community and it’s a family and it’s amazing.”

Coupled with making healthier food choices and a regular fitness routine with a determination of not giving up, two years later, she had lost 150 pounds.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment