Monday, December 30, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Great delight in a mystery parcel

By Lisa Goudy


A few weeks ago, I received a package at work from an unknown sender.

Addressed personally to me, it piqued my interest immediately. With three stamps in the upper right hand corner, one of Superman, one of Tommy Douglas and the other of an insect, I had no clues as to what the contents could contain. I can barely make out the Canada Post stamp that reads the mail is from someone in Moose Jaw. It’s also not often we receive hard mail in the newsroom.

I opened the envelope and found a document with writing on it stating “For your readers.” So naturally, I have decided to share its contents. The paper, titled "History of The South Saskatchewan Regiment," read as follows, in typed font:

“The Regiment dates back to 1908, being connected with the 20th Border Horse, a mounted infantry regiment, with headquarters and one squadron in Manitoba and squadrons at Weyburn, Estevan and Carnduff in Saskatchewan.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment