Monday, December 16, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Friday the 13th superstitions have history

By Lisa Goudy


I am not a superstitious person. I do not think bad luck will come my way if I walk under a ladder or if a black cat crosses my path. I do not believe a rabbit’s foot or a four-leaf clover will give me good luck.

I also don’t think Friday the 13th is an unlucky day, but rather it is just another day that happens quite frequently. Today happens to be one of those days.

A lot of fear surrounds Friday the 13th for reasons I don’t quite understand. Sure, 13 is a prime number, but so is seven. Why isn’t seven an unlucky number? What is it specifically about Friday the 13th that has so many people worried?

Read more

2 comments:

  1. I love your column! I especially like how you mentioned me in your column!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I liked how you included a very logical quote at the end of your wonderfully insightful column!

    ReplyDelete