Monday, December 30, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Have a wonderful unplugged Christmas

By Lisa Goudy


It’s nice to get away from technology sometimes.

Sometimes it seems we can’t live without technology. It has revolutionized how we live. With so many people constantly glued to their smartphones or tablets, many people are on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter constantly. It’s even a requirement at many jobs to be able to promote yourself or your company on those sites.

Texting has become a more common way to communicate. Don’t forget selfies, which are all the rage, and experimenting with photo filters through Instagram. It’s too easy to become addicted to smartphones.

I am not immune to this. I don’t consider myself an addict, but I do love my smartphone. I too am constantly updating things on Facebook and Twitter for work and for personal reasons. It’s convenient and fun. There isn’t anything wrong with that.

But when I get together with other people, when I am not alone, I like to put my cellphone away if I can. 

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment