Sunday, December 8, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: A bundled success for Peacock Polar Bear Run

Participants take off in the third annual Peacock
Collegiate Polar Bear Run raising funds for the Terry
Fox Foundation on Dec. 8, 2013 in Wakamow Valley.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy


Roxanna Gadd-Frey’s family has had many battles with cancer. Some have been won, but others have been lost.

Her experiences gave her personal investment to run in Peacock Collegiate’s third annual Polar Bear Run on Sunday at noon at the Wakamow Valley oval. The five-kilometer run or walk raised funds for the Terry Fox Foundation.

“I lost my mom to cancer when I was two. So I didn’t know her,” said Gadd-Frey. “I’ve had family members who’ve suffered through cancer and didn’t make it, but then I’ve also had family members who’ve survived and I think it’s because of the fundraising and stuff that goes on. That’s why we’re out here.”

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment