Friday, August 9, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Snake easy to blame, but we need all facts

By Lisa Goudy


Some people find snakes cool. Some people find them disgusting.

For the most part I fit into the latter category. Snakes, in my opinion, are disgusting. Sometimes I’ll admit they are kind of cool to look at, but mostly they gross me out.

While in South Dakota a few weeks ago I worked up the courage to touch a big snake at a show at the Reptile Gardens, located on the same road that leads to Mount Rushmore. Admittedly it didn’t feel as disgusting as I believe snakes are. But seeing reptiles in a zoo and learning about what they can do is totally different than hearing or being affected by what they can do.

We need to have the utmost precautions around dangerous animals, but before we jump to any drastic conclusions, we need to have all of the facts.

On Monday, four-year-old Noah Barthe and his six-year-old brother, Connor, were discovered dead in an apartment while on a sleepover in Campbellton, N.B.

Read more


National Post article: "'Very, very strange': Snake handlers, experts baffled by New Brunswick python attack"


No comments:

Post a Comment