Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Delving into the history of women’s rights


Sisters United: Women’s Suffrage in Saskatchewan travelling exhibit opens at WDM

Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald

Kathy Fitton, manager of the Western Development
Museum in Moose Jaw, stands with a portion of the
travelling exhibit, Sisters United: Women’s Suffrage
in Saskatchewan, on display until Oct. 15.

By Lisa Goudy

As Kathy Fitton stood in the Sisters United exhibit at the Western Development Museum (WDM), she noted how lucky she is to be able to vote.

“I can’t imagine not being allowed to vote. I can’t even comprehend that truly, but that’s because I’m very fortunate to live where I live and live here at the time I live here,” said Fitton, manager of the WDM in Moose Jaw. “I think it’s important that we honour these women who set that groundwork and did all that hard work to ensure I can vote today.”

Read more

1 comment:

  1. We've come a long ways but we still have more to go!

    ReplyDelete