Monday, December 28, 2015

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: From fear to courage

Woman opens up about domestic abuse she endured with her ex-husband
 A woman who was a victim of domestic abuse
for two years opens up to share her story.
Times-Herald photo illustration by Lisa Goudy

By Lisa Goudy

A woman living in fear. Her life and her child's life threatened. Fleeing from danger to the Transition House. This is her story.

At her request, the woman did not want to use her real name. We shall call her Jane.
She has been living in Moose Jaw for about a year. Before that, she lived in Regina with her husband, whose mother is bi-polar. He was her only family in the area.

"When I married him, he told me that his mom has mental illness, but I didn't judge him," Jane said. "Later on, piece by piece, I started to see signs, but I tried the best that I could and I tried to fix things."

It became increasingly apparent to her that he had a mental illness. For two years, she was a victim of domestic abuse with fights and threats.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment