Friday, May 23, 2014

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Relating and learning from the X-Men

By Lisa Goudy


I’ve always been a fan of X-Men. My first introductions to any of the characters were actually in the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009). I remember watching it at home and enjoying it. A few days later, I watched the original X-Men trilogy, including X-Men, X2 and X3: The Last Stand all in one day.

Since then I have seen every X-Men movie in theatres. This weekend, I will be seeing the latest film, X-Men: Days of Future Past that opened today. I have learned more about the characters in their comic book form and movie adaptations.

I obviously can’t speak to how good the movie is because I haven’t seen it yet. The X-Men movie franchise has been around for 14 years. A lot of people can relate to various X-Men characters and that is why they are loved so much. We can often see bits of ourselves in those characters.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment