Monday, May 26, 2014

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Festival of Words to host author Claire Cameron

By Lisa Goudy

Claire Cameron loves using the outdoors to help create suspense in her novels.

“I think I take a literary approach to kind of an adventure suspense story. I play with genres,” she said. “I’m very interested in form and voice, but I’m interested in the adventure and taking risks too. It’s the human aspect of it that I’m most interested in.

“So when you go outside with other people and you’re in sort of a suspenseful or maybe scary situation with other people, you learn so much about them and from a writer’s point a view, that really allows me to get inside my characters.”

Cameron, an author who lives in Toronto, will be attending the Saskatchewan Festival of Words this summer.

Read more

1 comment: