Monday, May 12, 2014

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: A fruit lover’s tale about fruit

By Lisa Goudy


Any day is a better day with fruit.


I love eating fruit. Name almost any type of fruit and chances are that I like it. There are only a few types of fruit I don’t like. I try to eat fruit every day.

During one of my first trips to Hawaii when I was younger, I’ll never forget my Grandpa telling us to eat a fruit plate every day, which we did while we were there.

He said a fruit plate consists of three different types of fruits. With two types of fruit, it’s not a fruit plate, but a plate of fruit. Having only one type of fruit is nothing but eating fruit. We were encouraged to always eat a fruit plate.

Recently, he’s decided a fruit plate should consist of five different types of fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment