Friday, September 14, 2012

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Deb Higgins enters mayoral race

By Lisa Goudy
During a news conference on Friday at the Moose Jaw Museum and Art Gallery, Deb Higgins, former New Democratic Party member of the legislative assembly, announces that she will be running for mayor in the upcoming municipal election.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy


Deb Higgins, former New Democratic Party member of the legislative assembly for Moose Jaw Wakamow, is running for mayor.

Higgins confirmed rumours that have been circling for a few months at a news conference at the Moose Jaw Museum and Art Gallery.

“I feel that every person has a responsibility to give back to their community. I did that I guess for 12 years as a provincial representative, but I still feel that I have skills that will work well at the municipal level,” said Higgins.

“Many things you deal with provincially are issues also at the municipal level. It’s a great community. I’ve loved living here and I just want to give back to the community when I can.”

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment