Sunday, May 28, 2017

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Trotting for transplants


Third annual fundraiser for the Canadian Transplant Association draws large crowd

Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald
Participants in the third annual Transplant Trot start
their walk or run on May 28, 2017 in Wakamow Valley.
By Lisa Goudy

Kevyn Gadd has experienced the flipside of what transplants can do.

He was born with congenital heart disease pulmonary hypertension, affecting his heart and lungs. He had heart surgery at the age of 2 and was taken off medication after surgery.

“It was something that I was used to since I was born, but I couldn’t play any competitive sports. I couldn’t do a lot of physical activity,” said Gadd. “It got to a point where I could walk a block and just be exhausted.”

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment