Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Celebrating 75 years of cadets


1856 Moose Jaw Schools Cadets Corps host annual ceremonial review

Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald

The 1856 Moose Jaw Schools Cadet Corps stand in
their parade formation at the 75th annual ceremonial
review on May 26, 2017 at the Lt. Col. D.V. Currie VC Armoury.
 

By Lisa Goudy


Before Capt. Nicole Taylor joined the cadet corps, she was quite shy.

“I was one of those people that kind of sat back and listened and didn’t really say a lot,” she said.

Her experience as a cadet helped change that. She joined when she was 12 and aged out when she turned 19.


“I just think it’s a really great opportunity,” she said. “I still have lots of friends from back then. It built up my self-esteem and my confidence. It just helps you become a better public speaker too.”
 
Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment