Friday, September 16, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Learning to sing like a star

New singing lessons program expands to Moose Jaw 

By Lisa Goudy


Before Regina country singer-songwriter Amy Nelson went professional, she didn’t think she was a talented enough singer to make it.
 
“I feel I started later on in life in music and the only reason is because I didn’t think I was good enough,” she said. “So for me when I finally did decide to do a career in music, I thought, ‘well, you don’t know if you don’t try.’”
Sing Like a Star Studios held its first program in Moose Jaw Sept. 14, 2016 at Minto United Church. Pictured, from left, is the Grade ¾ class: Onyk Denet, vocal coach Anne Elder, Addison Simpson, Mykenzie Shymko, Sing Like a Star Studios founder Amy Nelson, Dylan Payne and Ronni Bekar.

It’s that same level of confidence she hopes to inspire in kids. A trained singer and a music educator, Nelson formed Sing Like a Star Studios in Regina in 2011, which offers singing lessons using pop songs for kids in a group environment. Last year, the program was expanded to Lumsden and Balgonie and, as of last week, it was expanded to Moose Jaw as well.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment