Friday, January 9, 2015

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Citizen budget: ‘Something to build on’


Day one budget talks are largely status quo

Coun. Candis Kirkpatrick shares her thoughts
about the citizen budget at the Jan. 9, 2015
budget committee meeting at city hall.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy

The first day of budget talks are in the books and this year, 215 citizens took advantage of the online citizen budget tool.

“I do think it was a worthwhile exercise … but I think we need to profile that exercise more,” said Coun. Don Mitchell. “When I went on the website, there was no indication on where I could find a deadline for when these comments had to be in to be part of the budget process. So I think it’s something to build on.”

This was the first year the City of Moose Jaw used the online citizen budget tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment