Monday, December 22, 2014

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Staying fire safe for the holidays

It's important to test and make sure smoke
detectors are working on a regular basis.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy

One of Cathie Bassett’s biggest holiday Christmas fire safety concerns is Christmas tree safety.

“Keep it watered daily because they’re thirsty and the more they get dried out, the more chance of them catching on fire,” she said. “Place it away from a heat source. That’s a fireplace, that’s a TV, that’s a space heater – anywhere where it’s going to be hot. Try to place your tree away from your heat source.”

Bassett, the public education officer with the Moose Jaw Fire Department, added fire safety is just as important in the holiday season as it is all year round.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment