Sunday, April 28, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Showcasing creativity and talent at quilters’ show

Featured quilter Heather Grover stands with some of
her quilts at the 12th annual Prairie Hearts Quilters’
Guild biennial judged quilt show at the Moose Jaw
Exhibition Grounds Convention Centre on Saturday.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy


For quilter Heather Grover, the hobby opens up a brand new world.

“I think I love the freedom of being able to just kind of do whatever you want. Quilting has changed so much,” said Grover. “My first quilt I was making paper templates and I was cutting them out with scissors. Now we have plastic rulers and rotary covers and the sky’s the limit as to what we can do.”

Read more

For more of my photos from the show, see the Times-Herald slideshow here.

No comments:

Post a Comment