Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Leader-Post: 16-year-old Reginian designs puzzle app


Jordan Gabrielle holds an iPod Touch that displays
the intro screen to his game Roll With It.

Photograph by: Michael Bell, Regina Leader-Post

Jordan Gabrielle was eight years old when he first became interested in game design.

Read more



iTunes App Store - Roll With It


 




Full quotes from Jordan Gabrielle, who is in Grade 11 and 12 at Western Christian High School to graduate a year early

Jordan Gabrielle’s hand (right) holds an iPod Touch
 displaying his photo beside an iPad displaying
 the intro screen to his game Roll With It.

Photograph by: Michael Bell, Regina Leader-Post


"At the time I was kind of a big fan of drawing. I liked drawing, I liked music. I liked all that sort of stuff, stories and to me, it just kind of seemed like all that stuff combined into one. You had art, you had music you had stories.

So I just thought it was kind of something I wanted to get into that kind of pleased all my different interests and put them all together into one.

So that’s what originally what got me motivated into doing that sort of stuff," said Gabrielle.

"I have lots of jobs offers already to go work after high school, but this seems like the most fun to me, just as long as I can make enough money to survive while I’m doing it, but this is definitely something I’d want to do for the rest of my life if I could," continued Gabrielle.


Jordan Gabrielle sits at his work station where he created Roll With It, game that can be played on mobile devices.

Photograph by: Michael Bell, Regina Leader-Post

No comments:

Post a Comment