Friday, October 21, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Rocking out with Johnny 2 Fingers & the Deformities

Moose Jaw trio to play show celebrating Mae Wilson Theatre’s centennial
Submitted photo
Moose Jaw band Johnny 2 Fingers & the Deformities 
will perform at the Mae Wilson Theatre on Oct. 22, 2016.

By Lisa Goudy

When John Dale first heard the idea of the name of his Moose Jaw band, Johnny 2 Fingers & the Deformities, he didn’t like it.

One of his band mates, Kelly Gower said Johnny 2 Fingers was his “gangster name,” said Dale. A friend added the Deformities so then people would wonder “what’s wrong with the other guys,” said Dale.

“I was born with two fingers. Originally I didn’t like it. I thought it was sort of offensive or it hurt my feelings a little bit. Who would take me seriously with a name like that?” added Dale.

No comments:

Post a Comment