Friday, June 26, 2015

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Keys for the future

Krista and Sawyer Korbo receive keys to their new Habitat for Humanity home
Krista Korbo and her three-year-old daughter
Sawyer stand in front of their new home at 517
Home St. W. on June 26, 2015. It is Habitat
for Humanity's fifth build in Moose Jaw.
Lisa Goudy/Times-Herald

By Lisa Goudy

"Mommy, why are you crying?" asked three-year-old Sawyer Sorbo.

"Because I'm happy," replied her mother, Krista.

On Friday, Krista received the keys to her new home at 517 Home St. W. The three-bedroom, single family bi-level home measures 746 square feet on the upper floor and 720 sq. ft. on the bottom floor.

"It means that we have roots. It means that this is stability. I was able to get that with my job. I wasn't able to have that with my home life, but now I do," said Krista after the ceremony. "So I'm very excited to call this home."

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment