Thursday, October 10, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: A tough year to learn to believe

Gladys Baigent-Therens shows her
Believe breast cancer awareness
tattoo she got five weeks ago. She
designed the tattoo herself and was
diagnosed with breast cancer last year.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy

The time was 9:20 a.m. The date was Sept. 4, 2012. The phone rang at work.


Those are details Gladys Baigent-Therens can’t forget because it was then she found out she had breast cancer.

“The whole thing kind of embarrasses me and it shouldn’t because it’s nothing I did and they’ve told me that and I don’t know why I feel that way. But I still just kind of do I guess. I hate the word,” she said. “Here we are in October and I guess it’d be about two months ago that I actually accepted the fact that I have cancer and that I’m a cancer patient.

“I couldn’t even actually say that word probably until two months ago, even though I had two surgeries and all the radiation and all the appointments.”

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment