Friday, May 24, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: A clean city shows you care

By Lisa Goudy


I like having a clean street.

I don’t consider myself a neat freak in the extreme sense. But I do like to keep things reasonably clean. So after a long winter, particularly this past one, when spring comes and the annual street cleaning comes around, my car is never on any specific street on its cleaning day.

This past week, crews have been cleaning streets in our city, with the last of the cleaning schedule taking place today. I know every car will be moved and there could very well be several people out there who just don’t care if their street is clean or not.

But we should care about the cleanliness of our city, from roads to garbage and anything else in between.

When the street I live on was being cleaned, not everyone moved his or her car. I understand how some, or maybe even all, of those people probably forget to move their car on the right day. Despite being signs on the street informing people when the street cleaning day comes, it’s still pretty easy to forget.

Read more

1 comment: