Thursday, February 7, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Book-movie adaptations are just that


By Lisa Goudy

Over the past week or week and a half, I’ve been having a Harry Potter movie marathon.

Personally I love all of the Harry Potter books and movies. While some people can choose favourites, I can’t because I love them all too much. I can read the books again and again just as I can watch the movies again and again. The movies are, in my opinion, great adaptations of fabulous books.

But that’s what many people seem to forget. The Harry Potter movies are adaptations of the books, not the entire books played out on-screen over the course of eight movies. That’s probably the biggest complaint I hear any of the movies — it didn’t include everything from the book. The movie changed things from the book. It didn’t follow the book page by page.

This extends far beyond just Harry Potter. It includes every book-movie adaptation ever made.

Read more

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! People should stop picking movies apart because it's not like the book! Great column!

    ReplyDelete