Friday, February 1, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Common perspectives leads Hagel to endorse Wotherspoon for NDP leader

By Lisa Goudy


Glenn Hagel can relate easily to provincial New Democratic Party (NDP) leadership candidate Trent Wotherspoon.

“I’ve known of Trent much longer than I’ve known him. I wasn’t in the Legislature at the same time he was. So over the last couple of years we had occasions to meet when he came to Moose Jaw,” said Hagel, former cabinet minister and Moose Jaw mayor. “I just found myself feeling very comfortable with the man, with his perspective on the future of Saskatchewan and his approach to dealing with issues.”

This week Hagel endorsed Wotherspoon for the next leader of the NDP party. Cam Broten, Ryan Meili and Erin Weir are also part of the leadership race. The NDP leader will be elected on March 9.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment