Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Degrassi star speaks out about youth volunteer work

By Lisa Goudy

Outreach speaker and former Degrassi star Raymond Ablack speaks at the Speak Out 2: National Youth Day conference on Tuesday at Timothy Eaton Center. Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
If everyone changed his or her daily habits, achieving the Hakuna matata of The Lion King might be attainable.

That was a message keynote speaker and actor Raymond Ablack gave to a group of Saskatchewan youth and adult leaders during his address at the Speak Out 2: National Youth Day conference on Tuesday at Timothy Eaton Gardens, put on by the Moose Jaw South Central Regional Intersectoral Committee (RIC).


Additional comment from Raymond Ablack

“I just hope that my stories -  that they can find some part of any story I have that they can relate to that will catch fire and inspire,” said Ablack. “I don’t know how they’ll do that I’m just hoping they can relate to my stories because they can see that I’m so much like them. There’s nothing at all special about me. Anybody can do what I’ve done and more people could probably do way more than I’ve done.

No comments:

Post a Comment