Monday, June 11, 2012

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: 20 Questions with Della Ferguson

Della Ferguson. Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy

The Times-Herald recently sat down with Della Ferguson, continued care co-ordinator for W.J. Jones and Son Funeral Home and a funeral celebrant, to ask her 20 questions. Ferguson grew up on a farm six miles out of Mortlch and lives with her husband Del. They have two grown children, Vanessa and Gray.

1.     What do you like best about what you do?
“I love meeting with people and talking heart-to-heart.”

2.     Why did you decide to be a continued care co-ordinator?
“I actually felt called to it and then I was invited to come and join Jones Funeral Home and from that it just mushroomed and grew and I grew with it I guess.”

3.     What’s the hardest part of your job?
“I would say it’s extremely hard to observe the intensity of the pain that people are having to experience as a result of tragedies.”

4.     What do you do to relax after a hard day’s work?
“Nature is one of my great solaces. I love sunrises, find just I breathe that in and it fills me up. I have very special friends that I connect heart-to-heart with and can feel that support and my family is extremely open and communicative in support and music.”

5.     Do you ever find your work overbearing?

“It can get overwhelming especially if I haven’t taken the time to do the self-care that I need, but then I very intentionally regroup and find a way to process and work through the overwhelm.”

For more information, see the June 9th edition of the Times-Herald.

No comments:

Post a Comment