Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Trip of a lifetime for four mentally handicapped

Sharon and Alvin Cole took four mentally handicapped people living at their home to Mexico from April 13 to 20.  Photo courtesy of Sharon Cole
By Lisa Goudy

Sharon and Alvin Cole knew there would be challenges to taking four mentally handicapped people living in their home on a trip to Mexico.

“I wasn’t quite sure whether it was a big mistake to attempt it. It’s a big undertaking, takes a lot of planning ... but it was really worth it,” said Sharon. “I think it is an opportunity to let people know that you can do it and it went really well.”




2 comments:

  1. Hello Lisa,
    my name is Helge Wittmeier and I found your blogspot via internet-search. I was searching for A&S Cole, whom I visisted in Gander, NFld, in 1978. I'm quite sure that Alvin & Sharon on the photo are the friends that I first met in Germany around 1975. I would very much appreciate if you could forward them my mail adress helgewitt@gmail.com.
    Thank you, Helge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helge,
      I forwarded your email address to Alvin and Sharon Cole as you requested. Thanks for commenting.
      - Lisa

      Delete