Monday, January 11, 2016

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Coming home

Angie Abdou of Moose Jaw announced as first guest for 20th annual Festival of Words
Author Angie Abdou of Moose Jaw
will be coming home for the 20th
annual Saskatchewan Festival
of Words in July 2016.
Submitted photo

By Lisa Goudy

Author Angie Abdou remembers the first time she attended the Saskatchewan Festival of Words as an audience member.

"I was born and raised in Moose Jaw, so by then I would've been in graduate school at Western and I always say that Gary Hyland is credited with making my hometown cool," said Abdou. "To be able to come home every summer and go to a literary festival like that with all of my literary heroes was amazing."  

Since then, she has attended as a guest four or five times. Now she's set to make another appearance at the 20th annual festival set for July 14-17.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment